You may already know that going gluten-free or following a paleo diet can bring you some relief from your digestive problems. However, if you suffer from Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, acid reflux or embarrassing bloating and gas, acupuncture can also be extremely beneficial.
Here’s how acupuncture helps with digestive problems:
• Acupuncture is based on ancient Chinese medicine, which identifies common patterns associated with digestive problems.
• Acupuncture alleviates digestive problems by reducing inflammation of the stomach and pancreas, nourishing the organs involved in digestion and improving digestive function.
• Cells change shape when acupuncture needles are inserted, releasing certain chemicals in response that may help with your digestive problems.
• Several scientific studies have suggested that acupuncture has a positive effect on individuals who suffer from digestive problems.
• Believe it or not, the points where your acupuncturist will insert needles to relieve your digestive symptoms are not actually on the stomach. Rather, pressure points on the wrist, elbow, hand, feet and knee are most likely to help relieve your gas, indigestion, nausea, bloating, constipation, diarrhea and other digestive issues.
• If you suffer from digestive issues, it’s important to address them promptly so they don’t lead to other problems and affect your quality of life. Make sure to eat a healthy diet to maximize the efficiency of your acupuncture treatments.